Thursday, August 30, 2012

Make your Tea Convenient for College

School has started back up and with that comes the question, "How do I have time for tea?"



For most people, including myself, it just seems more convenient to wait in line and purchase a cup of coffee.  That way, we don't have to make it ourselves and can just take it with us to our destinations.  It becomes very easy to grab a cup of sugary coffee (if you drink it black, props to you) every day on the way to class.

I thought I'd give you my two solutions to this problem.

1.  Make tea in your room and take it to class.

This really doesn't take as long as it sounds.  Microwave a cup of water, pour it into your travel mug, drop your tea bag in and take it to class.  Or you can get a tea tumbler.  If you like looseleaf tea, this would be a good option for you.  A tea tumbler comes with a strainer in it (usually at the top of the tea tumbler).  You put your looseleaf tea in the strainer and then pour your hot water into the tea tumbler for it to steep.  Then you take your looseleaf tea out of the strainer and you're good to go.  I have a hot water heater that I fill with water and plug in.  After it heats up, I pour it in my travel mug, drop my tea bag in, and take it to class.

2.  Take your tea in your purse/bag.

I recently went to a tea room called Inspirations in Oklahoma City that I go to often with my mom. My friend Brettley and I found these little cases that have five tea sachets in them.



We thought it would be a good idea to buy one to carry in our purses and just refill with different kinds of teas.  It has been a great help for me coming back to school.  My cafeteria serves hot water next to the coffee and so does the deli in the building I have classes.  This is a great option for if you don't have a travel mug.  I just grab a cup, fill it with hot water, and take a tea bag out of my case from my purse.  It's a really convenient way to make tea.  Look for those "hot spots" at your school.

Hopefully this will make making tea a little more convenient for you at school!  Give it a try.  Plus, making your own tea saves you a lot of money.

Kayla



No comments:

Post a Comment