Tuesday, August 28, 2012

S.I.T with Me


Never did I think I would be a business major.

I was that person who walked around campus wondering why people would ever want to be business majors and telling myself I would never be one.  My perspective was that the Kingdom came through music, church ministry, and missions.  And because I wrote music and wanted to use it to see people come to know the love of God, I very strongly stood behind my perspective.

But here I am today, a business major going into the field of marketing.

More and more people are beginning to move towards social business.  These days it's not just about hobbies.  People want their hobbies to mean something.  Everyone wants to make a difference in some way.  Playing a guitar or loving to cook is now taking the appearance of putting on benefit shows for the impoverished or putting on nice dinners for the homeless.  

People today don't just want to live.  They want to live knowing they are helping others live.

This is where my heart is as well.  I don't just want to create.  I want to create for good.  But it takes business to do that.  And my hope is to be a student every day and gain insights.  Insights that I can use now and in the future and apply to my every day life.  And I hope to pass on that information to you that you may gain insights for what you hope to do as well.

So let's s.i.t (student insights today) together, become students, and change the world.

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment