Monday, September 10, 2012

Hot Tea @ Will Retherford's Album Release

Last week I was given the awesome opportunity of serving hot tea at my friend Will Retherford's album release.  Will was releasing his second album called "Walk" at Sactuary Church in Jenks.  I highly encourage all of you to get his new album off iTunes!



This experience was was a joy to me, since I absolutely love any time I get the opportunity to serve tea to anyone.  I get to talk about which kinds I like, answer questions, let people know the health benefits of what they're drinking, and watch to see if they enjoy it in the same way.  However, serving tea to almost a hundred people was a first for me.  My main concern was how I would heat up the water and get it to the people.

Luckily, my roommate Courtney Jones tagged along with me to the event and helped me out the whole time.  We had a good little setup and system going and got a lot of great feedback.


Thank the Lord I knew a couple of people who had good sized pots (thanks Laura Cooke & Charis Key).  Will gave me some money to get the supplies I needed (tea, cups, etc.) and I picked out different box teas that either I liked or thought people would enjoy.

My choices for the night were:
Green 
Chai
Lemon Ginger
Peppermint
Raspberry
Cinnamon Apple Spice


I thought the majority of people would either choose chai or green tea.  But to my surprise, Cinnamon Apple Spice was a complete hit.  I personally had not tried it until the night of the event.  If you want a good herbal tea with a great flavor, this is the one for you.  This tea tastes almost exactly like hot apple cider and it's much better for you.  You can most likely get it at Wal-Mart.  That's where I got it.



So we set up the table with a personal card for each kind of tea and emptied the boxes in front of them. We placed honey and stir sticks on the table and then carted out the cups of hot water, so people could pick which kind they wanted and make it to their own suitable taste.  


I personally enjoyed getting to see each person walk up to the table to make their own cup, and chatting with them about why I have a fascination with tea and how I got interested in it.  
 

This is something I would definitely love to do again.  Thanks to Will Retherford for the invite and Courtney Jones for the help!

So how about you?  Are you a tea lover and looking for something that will bring a chill atmosphere to something you're hosting?  I'd love to come and serve hot tea for you.  Just let me know!

Kayla










 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for providing the tea! It was delicious and perfect for the night.

    ReplyDelete