Thursday, September 6, 2012

Music Recommendation: Brian Nhira's "Hope" EP

Something I love about Tulsa, Oklahoma is the artsy community and talented musicians that my school, Oral Roberts University, attracts.  It's ridiculous.  I have never met so many talented musicians and writers who have the passion to create high-quality music for the Kingdom and who want to use it to penetrate into the secular industry.  

Side note:  for those of you who don't live in Oklahoma and have never visited, I'm sorry to break it to you, but we don't just ride around in wagons through fields.  


Nope.. that's not how it is guys.  The community is actually very artsy and full of coffee shops.  By the way, I wonder how claustrophobic people felt riding in those?

Anyway, I have made incredible connections with people who have the same heart as me when it comes to music, and one in particular is a guy named Brian Nhira, who just recently released and EP called "Hope".  



Brian is an independent artist with a sound that is similar to the styles by Israel Houghton, Lecrae, Smokie Norful, Jimmy Needham, and Matisyahu.  Brian is a ridiculously good vocalist and I love the pop style of his music.   

This guys heart is gold.  I know Brian personally and he is a man who is truly seeking to bring the hope of Jesus to mankind through his music.  Not only that, but his character backs up his music.  Here is what Brian says about his vision:

"My hearts desire is not fame. My only aspiration is that the message that God has placed within me, and continually places within me through song and through the word-to be an ambassador bringing hope, healing, and restoration to my generation-will be heard by every nation on earth."

Brian's EP "Hope" is just that.  It reflects the desire of his heart to see people receive hope, healing, and restoration.  

I highly encourage you to get his EP!  Support this guy.  



You won't be disappointed,

Kayla 



No comments:

Post a Comment