Wednesday, July 18, 2012

DO IT YOURSELF: Earthy Canvas Frame

Today I started a small craft project.  Midway through cleaning my room (don't tell my mom), I found a frame of mine that used to be a mirror but broke.  I started thinking about things I could do to make it a cool decoration of some sort. What I did was super easy and took me probably thirty minutes, so I thought I'd share it with you all in case you wanted to make one yourself.

You'll need:

Frame
Twigs
Twine
Buttons
Canvas fabric (or fabric of your choice)
Hot glue
Paint of your choice and brush

Here's my frame:



The first thing I did was head outside to explore and find some twigs.  After I found some, I brought a good amount inside and stripped the twigs of their leaves.  I left a couple on just to accent in spots.



 (I know this probably isn't the most flattering picture or best way I could have displayed these but oh well)

Next, I cut out some strips of twine and fastened the twigs to the frame with it.  In a few spots, I doubled the twine and tied a bow just to add something.


After securing all of the twigs the way I wanted, I found some buttons I had that I liked and glued them on the front in random spots.  




I then cut out a piece of canvas fabric and hot glued it over top the twine on the back of the frame to secure everything and the fabric itself.  I waited a few minutes for it to dry.


  
Lastly, I got out my paint brushes and colors of choice and painted on the front side of the canvas fabric.  





There you go!

This is a really simple and easy craft to do and makes a great decoration.  You can do it with any frame of any size, any fabrics and colors you like, and it takes only about thirty minutes. Anyone can do this.  Go for it! 

Kayla

1 comment: