Saturday, July 21, 2012

FOR WOMEN ONLY

Tired of menstrual cramps?  Looking for a healthier type of medicine you can use each month?

I have a solution:  drink the earth.

Since I started becoming fascinated with herbal life, I've wondered how many different types of teas there are out there and what all they can be used for.

Yes, I'm one of those people who wants to get off of man-made meds and use herbs for everything in my body.  If it's from the ground (plant based) and can do the same things for my body that chemical based medicines do, I'm interested.  How about you?

Two in particular medicines I would love to get off of are Ibuprofen and Midol.  I've been researching and looking for different teas that can be used for head aches and menstrual cramps and that I can substitute for these medicines.



One tea that I found today is by Yogi, called "Woman's Raspberry Leaf".  Yogi's teas are organically certified and tested for pesticides and insecticides.  This specific box of goodness cost me less than four bucks and has sixteen tea bags.



This box contains 1,811 mg of Organic Raspberry Leaves per tea bag.  Raspberry leaves help with the entire reproductive system.  If taken pretty consistently, a woman can experience numerous amounts of health benefits from it.  It can help to ease pain and relieve discomfort that most women experience on a month to month basis.  The reason why this happens is because this specific herb releases its goods further down in the digestive system than the stomach.  It regulates uterine muscles and also tones them, making a menstrual cycle more relaxing and less painful.  This herb also helps ease stomach pain and is great for morning sickness, so if you're pregnant and looking for something healthier to help you out, try this!

DO IT YOURSELF:

For my first try, I'm going to steep this one as a hot tea.


Let it steep for a couple minutes.


You can either leave it like this or you can spice it up and make it the way you want to.
I'm going to add some of these for a little extra flavor. 


These are ginger honey crystals.  You can get there at your local Asian Market. 


And there you have it. Let me know if this works wonders for you.  I am trying it out myself and will post any improvements I feel from it!

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment