Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Rooibos Vanilla: A Taste You Don't Wanna Miss

This summer I was introduced to a beautiful tea called Rooibos Vanilla.  


This tea comes from Africa.  It is not a very bitter tea, and is actually quite sweet thanks to the added vanilla.  The fermented kind when steeped is red while the unfermented kind when steeped is yellow.  


Most people don't realize that this tea is just as beneficial to drink as green tea. The antioxidants in this tea are believed to help prevent cancer by killing free radicals in the blood stream.  It is not a caffeinated tea. It reduces stress, irritability, and headaches.  It is also said to lower blood pressure. 


Here's my little box of goodness.  Inside is my Roobios vanilla tea, which you can get at Target (Madagascar roobios vanilla in a redish box).  






Alongside it is my Green Tea Pearls that I love to add to my teas just to get a little more antioxidants.  You can get it at your local Asian Market.  I really enjoy the bitter sweet flavors.  This is a great tea for that because it combines the sweetness of the roobios vanilla with a little bit of tea and then the green tea pearls add a touch of bitterness to it. 



First, I like to add the ingredients: tea bag, green tea pearls, and honey.  Then I heat up my water is my plug in tea kettle and once it's hot, add it to my tea.  I let it steep for a couple minutes while stirring it.  


Without the green tea added, this tea is a great one for at night.  It has a great flavor if you enjoy vanilla and is great for your body. 

I hope you enjoy it!

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment